Passbook Savings Account
Our Passbook Savings Account can be opened with an investment of $10.00 or more. You can make deposits to this account at any time. Withdrawals are limited to six (6) per month with no transfers by check, draft, debit card, or similar order to third parties. Interest is compounded and credited to your account semi-annually. If you close your account before interest is credited you will not receive the accrued interest. The interest rate is subject to change.
Treasury Savings Account
The Treasury Savings Account is a variable rate tiered account. You must maintain a minimum balance of $5,000.00 in the account to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield. If your account drops below $5,000.00, you will receive the interest rate applicable to the regular Passbook savings account.
Determination of Rate:
At our discretion we may change the interest rate on your account. The rates for each tier will be set each Wednesday. The interest rate increases with each tier. Tiers will be determined as follows:
- Tier One: Your daily balance is greater than zero, but less than $5,000.00
- Tier Two: Your daily balance is equal to or greater than $5,000.00, but less than $25,000.00
- Tier Three: Your daily balance is equal to or greater than $25,000.00 but less than $100,000.00
- Tier Four: Your daily balance is equal to or greater than $100,000.00
Compounding/crediting frequency: Interest will be compounded/credited every monthly statement cycle.
Effect of closing an account: If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
A service charge of $1.00 for maintenance fees will be charged per monthly statement cycle. Transactions are limited to two (2) free withdrawals per statement cycle. A per item fee of $6.00 will be charged for each additional transaction. Transactions may not exceed six withdrawals from your account every monthly statement cycle with no transfers by check, draft, debit card, or similar order to third parties.
Hartington Kid’s Club
The Bank of Hartington Kid’s Club is a fun way for kids to start saving for their future. By joining the Kid’s Club you will be included in a membership with lots of fun things to do! Membership requirements are quite simple. To become a member you must be newborn to 12 yrs old and maintain a Kid’s Club savings account.
- Open a Kid’s Club savings account and receive a piggy bank and a small coin purse.
- Make a deposit of $5.00 or more and get a prize from our "Treasure Chest".
- You will automatically be on our Birthday Club mailing list.
- You will have a chance to win a $5.00 gift certificate every month.
- You will have the opportunity to attend the annual swimming party.